What are cookies and what are they used for?
A cookie is a file that is downloaded to your computer, tablet, smartphone or any other device when accessing certain web pages. Cookies allow a web page, among other things, to store and retrieve information about the browsing habits of a user or their equipment and, depending on the information they contain and the way they use their equipment, they can be used to recognize to user. In any case the cookies could damage your computer. On the other hand, the fact that they are active helps us identify and resolve possible errors.
Identification of cookies
Next, a classification of the cookies is made according to a series of categories. However, it is necessary to take into account that the same cookie can be included in more than one category.
Types of cookies according to the entity that manages them:
Depending on the entity that manages the equipment or domain where cookies are sent and treat the data obtained, we can distinguish:
- Own cookies: Are those that are sent to the user's terminal equipment from a computer or domain managed by the editor itself and from which the service requested by the user is provided.
- Third party cookies: These are that are sent to the user's terminal equipment from a computer or domain that is not managed by the editor, but by another entity that processes the data obtained through the cookies.
In the event that cookies are installed from a computer or domain managed by the publisher, but the information collected by them is managed by a third party, they can not be considered as own cookies.
Types of cookies according to the timeframe that remain activated:
According to the period of time that remain activated in the terminal equipment we can distinguish:
- Cookies de sesión: Son un tipo de cookies diseñadas para recabar y almacenar datos mientras el usuario accede a una página web. Se suelen emplear para almacenar información que solo interesa conservar para la prestación del servicio solicitado por el usuario en una sola ocasión (p.e. una lista de productos adquiridos).
- Cookies persistentes: Son un tipo de cookies en el que los datos siguen almacenados en el terminal y pueden ser accedidos y tratados durante un periodo definido por el responsable de la cookie, y que puede ir de unos minutos a varios años.
Types of cookies according to their purpose:
According to the purpose for which the data obtained through cookies are processed, we can distinguish between:
- Technical cookies: Are those that allow the user to navigate through a web page, platform or application and the use of different options or services that exist in it, for example, control traffic and data communication, identify the session, access restricted access parts, remember the elements that make up an order, perform the purchase process of an order, make the application for registration or participation in an event, use security elements during navigation, store content for the broadcast videos or sound or share content through social networks.
- Personalization cookies: These are those that allow the user to access the service with some predefined general characteristics based on a series of criteria in the user's terminal, such as the language, the type of browser through which the user accesses the service, the configuration regional ón where you access the service, etc.
- Analysis cookies: are those that allow the person responsible for them, monitoring and analyzing the behavior of users of the websites to which they are linked. The information collected through this type of cookies is used in the measurement of the activity of the websites, application or platform and for the elaboration of navigation profiles of the users of said sites, applications and platforms, in order to introduce improvements in function of the analysis of the data of use made by the users of the service.
- Advertising cookies: They are those that allow the management, in the most efficient way possible, of the advertising spaces that, where appropriate, the editor has included in a web page, application or platform from which he provides the requested service based on criteria such as the content edited or the frequency in which the ads are displayed.
- Behavioral advertising cookies: Son those that allow the management, in the most efficient way possible, of the advertising spaces that, where appropriate, the editor has included in a web page, application or platform from which the service is provided. Tendered These cookies store information on the behavior of users obtained through the continuous observation of their browsing habits, which allows them to develop a specific profile to display advertising based on it.
The cookies used on our Website are our own and those of third parties and allow us to store and access information related to the language, the type of browser used and other general characteristics predefined by the user, as well as to follow and analyze the activity carried out, in order to introduce improvements and provide our services in a more efficient and personalized way. Lantia IOT, S.L. does not use advertising or behavioral advertising cookies.
In Lantia SL we do not collect or store your personal information (for example , your name or address) so this information can not be used to identify you.
However, you can configure your browser, accepting or rejecting all cookies, or select those whose installation it admits and which not, following one of the following procedures, depending on the browser used:
- Google Chrome
- Mozilla Firefox
- Internet Explorer
- Internet Explorer (Windows Phone)
- Safari for IOS (iPhone y iPad)
- Chrome for Android